This week we have the empowering Editor-in-Chief of the ever popular, Deitra Magazine. We’re actually friends in real life and she’s actually given me the opportunity to write for her magazine and through this process I’ve seen how brave, kind, and empowering woman she is. In the show you’ll learn about how she started her fashion and music magazine, how she set goals for herself, and also:
- How blogging started her towards the goal of a print magazine.
- Why she decided to dive right into her own magazine without finishing school.
- How people encouraging her helped her achieve her goal when everyone was doing things differently.
- How she learned the inDesign program where she creates her magazines.
- How she funds her magazine and keeps it going.
- How she found people that are now involved in the magazine.
- How she prioritizes all her goals and working a second job.
- and her goals for the future.
HERE is the link to her latest issue.
HERE is the link to Deitra Mag’s website.
HERE is the link to Sarah Vega’s fan page, the model she used for the Celestial makeup photos.
HERE is Sarah Vega’s Instagram.
HERE is the link to makeup artist Krista Cronin’s Facebook page.
If you enjoyed this episode of The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast make sure you leave Tamara a comment on her social media and let us know what you thought of this episode in the comments below. Thanks for tuning in and don’t forget to subscribe to the RLD Newsletter to get the latest & greatest of Reyna Lay Designs.
WANT MORE OF RLD? Check out the Reyna Lay Designs website at reynalay.com and find me on Etsy, Instagram, Twitter, & YouTube at the handle @reynalay. Like my page on Facebook, Reyna Lay Designs and join my group, The Reyna Lay Designs Group to get my next sewing pattern for FREE!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you’d like to donate any amount to the RLD Podcast for hosting and website fees, or better mic equipment, you can do so below. Thank you in advance!