This week on the show we have DIY and sewing blogger of Create / Enjoy, and the author of DIY Wardrobe Makeovers: Alter, Refresh, & Refashion Your Clothes Step-by-Step Sewing Tutorials, Suzannah Hamlin Stanley. She’s going to be talking to us about how she got started sewing, her venture into writing a DIY book, and how she used a routine to create a successful blog. She will also talk to us about:
- How and why she started blogging.
- Why she changed her blog name to Create / Enjoy.
- Her full-time job.
- Her handmade closet.
- How she keeps her plans on an editorial calendar.
- Why she became a vegetarian and her journey towards a paleo diet.
- How she learned sewing from her mom who has a business making historic clothing.
- Her new book and what got her into writing.
- How she was able to get published.
- Her handmade wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses.
HERE is the link to Jenni Hulet’s website, The Urban Poser.
HERE is the link to Jenni Hulet’s book: My Paleo Patisserie: An Artisan Approach to Grain Free Baking.
HERE is a link to the Lilly Pulitzer dress she made.
HERE is a link to her wedding dress she made.
HERE is a link to her bridesmaid dresses she made.
HERE is a link to Suzannah’s blog Create/Enjoy.
HERE is a link to where you can purchase her book.
If you enjoyed this episode of The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast please leave Suzannah a comment below, or if you add her on social media, make sure you let her know you found her through the RLD Podcast. Thanks for tuning in and don’t forget to subscribe to the RLD Newsletter to get the latest & greatest of Reyna Lay Designs.
Until next time,
ღ Reyna Lay ღ
If you’d like to donate any amount to the RLD Podcast for hosting and website fees, or better mic equipment, you can do so below. Thank you in advance!
Don’t forget to head over to EPISODE 9 of The RLD Podcast and enter the giveaway for just leaving a review on iTunes. Super easy!
and here is the giveaway for Suzannah’s new book! Good luck! Giveaway ends at the end of the day Saturday, August 1, 2015.