Hi Sewcialists! This week on the show we have Elisalex, co-founder and Head of Design for the pattern shop and website By Hand London.
• How she started sewing.
• How By Hand London came to be.
• Her life growing up as a child of an artist.
• Her life as a shoemaker before starting BHL.
• Why she began her first blog which led to BHL.
• How she met Charlotte and Victoria the other two co-founders of BHL.
• Where the pattern names come from.
• How life is now after moving out of the studio and working from home.
• The negativity BHL has faced and how they deal with it.
• Her advice for those just starting out.
HERE is a link to Anna Walker who does their illustrations.
HERE is a link to the shop where you can purchase their pdf and remaining paper patterns.
HERE is a link to the Zeena Dress that came out this week!
HERE is a link to the GOMI site she mentions that she no longer reads due to the negativity on it.
HERE is the link to Elisalex’s Instagram.
Elisalex will be a part of the Refashioners! Yay! Read more about it HERE.
Use the coupon code RLD20 for 20% off all of the By Hand London sewing patterns FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS! Coupon code ends Monday the 13th at midnight GMT time.
If you enjoyed this episode of The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast please leave Elisalex a comment below, or if you add her on social media, make sure you let her know you found her through the RLD Podcast. Thanks for tuning in and don’t forget to subscribe to the RLD Newsletter to get the latest & greatest of Reyna Lay Designs.
Until next time,
ღ Reyna Lay ღ
If you’d like to donate any amount to the RLD Podcast for hosting and website fees, or better mic equipment, you can do so below. Thank you in advance!