This week on The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast we have the lovely Heather Lou of Closet Case Files talking to us about her journey from being a commercial interior designer to a popular sewing blogger and pattern designer. She lives in Montreal and gives us a peek into her life, living in what used to be the fashion capital of Canada.
- How she went from commercial interior designer to pattern designer.
- How her passion for sewing grew.
- Why she started making sewing patterns in the first place.
- What inspires her designs and who they’re named after .
- What she’s currently working on for her business.
- Her favorite books for sewing and pattern drafting.
- How she learned to sew.
- and her advice to those just starting out.
She also talks about her newest pattern, the Sallie Jumpsuit & Maxi Dress, which is just as amazing as all her other patterns. She has graciously agreed to give away one free pdf download to a lucky listener. To enter check out the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends Friday, July 3rd, at 11:59pm. The winner will be announced through my Instagram and on the show notes for next week’s episode.
HERE is a link to her newest pattern, the Sallie Jumpsuit & Maxi Dress.
List of the books she mentions:
- Dressmaker’s Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques: Essential Step-by-Step Techniques for Professional Results by Lynda Maynard.
- Couture Sewing Techniques, Revised & Updated by Claire B. Shaeffer.
- Shirtmaking: Developing Skills for Fine Sewing by David Coffin.
- The New Complete Guide to Sewing by Reader’s Digest.
- Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s wear by Winifred Aldrich.
- Pattern making for Fashion Design (5th Edition) by Helen Joseph-Armstrong.
HERE is a link to Heather’s website.
HERE is a link to her pattern shop.
If you enjoyed this episode of The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast please leave Heather a comment below or if you add her on social media, make sure you let her know you found her through the RLD Podcast. Thanks for tuning in and don’t forget to subscribe to the RLD Newsletter to get the latest & greatest of Reyna Lay Designs.
Until next time,
ღ Reyna Lay ღ
WANT MORE OF RLD? Check out the Reyna Lay Designs website at reynalay.com and find me on Instagram, Twitter, & YouTube at the handle @reynalay. Find me on Facebook at: Reyna Lay Designs
Music by BenSound
If you’d like to donate any amount to the RLD Podcast for hosting and website fees, or better mic equipment, you can do so below. Thank you in advance!