First off let me apologize for the fact that in the last episode I gave y’all a sneak peek of Lauren Knight from Team Impact. I had some technical errors with her recording that I’m trying to fix and wasn’t able to solve the issue by this week’s episode. I didn’t want y’all to go another week without a new episode so I chose my friend and fellow fashion designer Jahana Uchtman for this week’s show. She is amazingly talented and has such a unique point-of-view when it comes to her custom designs that I knew I had to share her with y’all. I will try to workout the issues with Lauren’s recording and will try to share that conversation with y’all as soon as I can get it working properly.
Jahana and I met while we were both in fashion school at Missouri State and her work with leather definitely impressed me and many others. She is such a free-spirited individual and brings out the best in anyone around her. During this episode of the show she shares with us:
- How one of her dads gift changed the direction of her life.
- How she went from studying architecture to studying fashion design.
- What she currently has on her sewing table.
- How she incorporates her husband’s love of brewing beer into her design life.
- How she got interested into working with leather.
- The primitive process that goes into using leather as a garment.
- What inspires her in her work.
- And how she feels about failures in her personal life and in business.
She also puts me in the hot seat and asks me a few questions like:
- How I save my fashion ideas for later.
- How I stay on track with my work.
- How I stay motivated to finish tasks.
- And suggestions for getting the best photographs on a website.
HERE is the photo of the maternity pants she made that we mentioned in the show.
HERE is a photo of the leather bathing suit I mention in the show.
HERE is a photo of her leather collection.
HERE is her Facebook page.
If you enjoyed this episode of The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast please leave Jahana a comment in the comments section of this post and if you add her on Facebook, make sure you let her know you found her through the RLD Podcast. Thanks for tuning in and don’t forget to subscribe to the RLD Newsletter to get the latest & greatest of Reyna Lay Designs.
Until next time,
ღ Reyna Lay ღ
Music by BenSound
Here is the direct podcast feed link to add & subscribe to the The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast from any podcast app: https://reynalay.com/feed/podcast/
HERE is the link to it on iTunes. Don’t forget to leave a review and rate.