In this episode of the Reyna Lay Designs (RLD) Podcast I chat with Brande Wilkerson, owner and designer, of Victory Vintage Boutique. I connected with her a few years ago on YouTube over our love for vintage and since then I have seen her grow dynamically into an amazing designer, photographer, and all around beautiful person.
In the show we talk about her inspiration for her designs, how she balances being a mother, a wife, and working from home as a creative entrepreneur, trying to get into Amazon, and fighting breast cancer beast.
In this episode you’ll hear about:
- Millinery designs and the inspiration for these pieces.
- Balancing motherhood and marriage as a creative business person.
- Why she calls Amazon the beast.
- Her advice for creatives just starting out.
- Why, at 41, she still wants to go back to school.
- The thing people don’t talk about when you have cancer.
- The thing we need to change in magazines featuring a designer’s custom piece.
If you love fashion, creativity, and design, you will definitely love hearing her inspiring words and the advice she gives to those barely starting out in the business.
HERE is a photo of the Turquoise Blue High Fascinator headpiece she mentions in the podcast.
HERE is the Fashion Faces Magazine she mentions.
HERE is the magazine for her third set of Radioactive.
HERE is a photo of her largest headpiece, the Volcanic Gem can be seen.
HERE is a photo of the headpiece that has won many awards.
Brande’s SOCIAL MEDIA
Music by BenSound
Here is the direct podcast feed link to add & subscribe to the The Reyna Lay Designs Podcast from any podcast app: https://reynalay.com/feed/podcast/
HERE is the link to it on iTunes.